Based upon the level of club participation in the Barcelona trophy over many years, and to strengthen the domestic club football which underpins our international competition programme, the first CP Football ‘IFCPF Champions League’ was announced last year.
The event taking place from 3rd to 7th June 2020 gives further international competition opportunities to male and female players. In accordance with our ‘IFCPF Competition Rules – 03 Eligibility of Players’ mixed gender participation is allowed in this competition.
This first competition was initially planned as a pilot event in Europe, however with the interest generated it looks to be a firm fixture in the IFCPF tournament calendar. It is hoped that the legacy of this event will not only be a fully international Champions League event, but also regional events to engage even more clubs as we move forwards.
As we get closer to the event, the Local Organsing Committee (LOC) will share more insights to the competing teams listed below:
- CP Football Elite Denmark (Denmark)
- CP Football Development Academy (Ireland)
- Cerebral Palsy North West (England)
- CP Soccer US (USA)
- Federación de Deportes Adaptados de la Comunidad Valenciana (Spain)
- NPO CP Soccer & Life Esperanza (Japan)
- Voetbal Vereniging De Merino’s (Netherlands)
- Federació Esportiva Catalana de Paralítics Cerebrals (Spain)